DISCO 3 TDV6 HSE TOWING!!!!!!!!!

KARYN

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who gave good advise, yes i do have a sense of humour and good out at that, but when you are driving a car that keeps knocking itself out of gear on a motorway and you are carryning your kids in it surley you can see i was after advise and not to get the rip taken.

The dealer has now sorted the fault, apprently the tow bar has to be configured to the car and this is something only LR can do, so why do they sell tow bars to the public without fitting and without advising they need to be configured?, this is a point i made to the LR dealer who has taken it onboard and now advise's everyone, if they just buy the tow bar without it being fitted by them they must have it configured after.

Once again thanks to everyone for your help and advise and to those who just love to make new memebers feel really small well done :hysterical: I hope you are all proud of yourselves.

Guest diesel_jim
Once again thanks to everyone for your help and advise and to those who just love to make new memebers feel really small well done :hysterical: I hope you are all proud of yourselves.

Yeah, missing you already. remember to shut the door on the way out!

The dealer has now sorted the fault, apprently the tow bar has to be configured to the car and this is something only LR can do, so why do they sell tow bars to the public without fitting and without advising they need to be configured?, this is a point i made to the LR dealer who has taken it onboard and now advise's everyone, if they just buy the tow bar without it being fitted by them they must have it configured after.

H i again Karyn....

My interperation of this post is that you have bought a genuine LR bar from a LR dealer and had it fitted by somebody else.

Forgive me but I thought you said in response to my suggestion that there may be a problem with whoever fitted the tow bar:-

"the expert fitter was a Land Rover Dealer and the smart arse comments from people are not helpfull, i thought this forum was to gain advise from people not to take the p**s"

So why could your Land Rover dealer (who you clearly stated fitted the bar you purchased), not configure the bar to your Discovery??? - that is unless whoever fitted your tow bar was not a LR dealer.... which takes me back to my original post.