300 Defender heater matrix doesnt fit the box.

Hi

I appear to be doing something wrong.... I have a 300tdi heater box and a 300tdi matrix (UTP1725) and the matrix doesnt seem to fit into the box! Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? :unsure: apart from it being a britpart special that is.... :glare:

post-19190-0-44956800-1363523742_thumb.jpg post-19190-0-50778400-1363523763_thumb.jpg post-19190-0-16955700-1363523849_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Jad

More than one type of matrix, have you got the right one ? Pipes stick straight out on one and drop down on the other.

I've never put the two side by side to check any other differences.

Unfortunately you've said the "B" word, now the thread will descend into pages of horror stories and warnings of the dire consequences of buying Britpart, a plague of locusts will be upon you and kittens will die.

Have you taken the bottom plates off? From your pictures it looks like you're trying to put the matrix in with the them still screwed to the case.

The matrix slots in and and goes slightly through the case, the bottom plates then slot round the bit that comes through and clamp it to the base of the case.

Malcolm

You're welcome.

I became familiar with the heater when I tried swapping mine for a Td5 one. Would have worked except for the fact that some of the lever arms had broken clips - you can't buy them. Welded them on then found the housing that holds the gasket to the bulkhead is different. You can take the whole box apart by drilling out the rivets and pop rivet it back together.

Anyway ended up swapping the matrixes over hence found how it all goes together.

Malcolm