Range Rover Classic Rear Seat Belt

Guys,

I had to remove the offside rear seatbelt from the C-Pillar to reinstall the fuel filler into my bobtail. The belt has retracted right in and now refuses to come back out - making re-fitment of the seat belt impossible......

Any ideas on how to get the belt to come out again......

cheers

Darren

I had this with one of mine, it relies on a ball bearing dropping in and out so make sure you have it the right way up whilst your trying to pull it out. If that doesn't work you can take the plastic end cap off and release the mechanism, you'll probably break some of the clips though. Mine still went on ok but if its too lose you might have to glue it on.

Hi Cynic-Al,

Got it to draw out using the technique you mentioned - orientated to the same direction it would be mounted on c pillar and after about 10 minutes of fiddling finally came loose. Fortunately I didn't have to resort to taking the end caps off.

cheers

Darren