no drive from LT230 after clutch replacement 300tdi 110

Hi

Today I replaced the clutch in my 300tdi defender 110 after reassembling all the panels I had removed ( all panels in the driver section, floor and seating/battery/tool box).

As it was a real pain taking the transfer/gear box out the drivers door so I decided to test if the clutch was working correctly

before reassembling the rest of the 110. I attached the front prop shaft and started the 110 in neutral. The 110 started no issues or noise other than normal. I engaged the clutch and selected first gear in the high range.

As I let the clutch out slowly I could feel that the clutch was biting as normal. When I let the clutch out completely there was no drive. I could see the front prop was not turning through the floor panel section. So I tried 2nd, 3rd no drive but I could see that the transfer box (LT230) front output turns initially after the clutch is released but it is only about half a revolution and then stops abruptly.

I then tried lower range same result 1st, 2nd and 3rd no drive. All gears where select without any issue or force used

which was the same when select high or lower range. I have not connected the hand brake either at this point so that

would mean the hand brake is disengaged and can not be stopping the drive.

Any constructive comments would be much appreciated.

I will do a complete review of the problem in the morning with a fresh perspective. As all I want to do right now is throw a match in it

Interested to see your resolution. Given you've not stuck the handbrake back on, it would be a stretch to attach the rear prop.

Ergo, see the previous two comments. :)

I hate problems like this, a good night's sleep and the answer will come to you!

Cheers,

Mike

Hi All

Sorry for the delay in answering. I tested it today and found that when I engage the diff lock either way front or back

I now have drive. So please accept my greatest thanks for the insight and quick response to my query.

Now just the process of putting the rest of the defender back together over the weekend.

I will also install a two tank ATG plant oil system over the weekend if anybody is looking for detail of the conversion or the process please just ask and I will try to take some pictures as well.

Thanks again