Tailgate window

Dezzie

Hiya guys.

Would someone mind doing me a favour please ? Could someone measure how much glass is showing, when the tailgate window is down.

I think mine is only going down about 3/4's of the way, which is what's stopping it from being recallibrated.

Could you measure (in inches or mm - don't mind either) what the distance is, from the top of the glass, to the top of the rubber, when it's in the down position please.

Thanks a lot

Cheers ................................. Matt.

On mine, which I believe is set up correctly, the glass goes down to approx 2mm below the rubber seal. So you can't see any glass at all. The windscreen wiper sits on the rubber seal when it's parked.

Sounds like you may have an obstruction preventing the glass going down all the way. It's easy to get the rear trim off and have a look - just undo the cross-headed screws along the bottom of the trim, then pull it away from the door starting at the bottom, and lift it off. There should be a sheet of plastic behind covering the mechanism - try to pull it away without ripping it.

Hi very common u have probably hit the spare wheel- mount and bent the door very easy fix

Remove the door trim

Roll door match over and lift up window

The get a large block of wood and hammer and gently straighten the door

Thanks a lot boys, that's really helpful cheers. That would explain why the window won't recallibrate, and also why the window doesn't go down all the way. :)

The car's never had any accident damage, I know this because I know the previous owner. However;- A few months ago, I was waiting at a junction, when a Discovery hit my Freelander from behind. There was no damage whatsoever, but it did hit the spare wheel. To be honest, it was only a 'tap', and it left no mark. Obviously, it DID actually do some damage then.

How do I get the window up, when the door will be open ? When I turn the key with the tailgate open, nothing happens ? :blush: Maybe I'll have to fix it with the tailgate closed, and sit inside the boot. :unsure:

Thanks a lot for the replies .................................. Matt.