correct bolts - towbar top bolts into bumper 300tdi disco

ronnie_rotten

can anybody tell me what toask 'mr bolt' at 'bolts r us' for? its the 2 top bolts that go into the captive nuts in the bumper i'm after. cos mine weren't the right ones, and sort of fell out. while towing. not very good. thank godfor ratchet straps and the cover of darkness...

Mine doesn't have any captive nuts on the chassis. There's a pair of locking nuts - the crimped steel type rather than nylocks. It is much easier to do with the bumber off, but getting it off might be an hours work lol...

Theyr're either m10 or m12 from memory, make sure you get high tensile ones - make sure they have at least an 8.8 stamped on the head. Seen your ' I'm desperate' post on the local forum a few days after the fact - or I could have brought yo a few bolts - take it you got home ok with the big ratchet straps?

Thanks stevie d, got back just fine. The constant checking the mirror / listening for the clunk kept me awake, which was handy. 36 hour round trip with 2 sets of 2 hours 'sleeping' on the ferry. A bit mental really. Should make a mental note to stop and sleep instead of dosing on red bull next time!

Just rechecked my source, may have been referring to td5, so I guess its just repeat the fiddly process of last time. Only use proper nuts this time!