Discovery flashing faults

Bluemoon

M and s are the gearbox mode lights for an auto box there is a button on the gear lever surround that has mode on it

I had these flashing on mine and despite fears of a gearbox problem it turned out to be a battery that didn't hold sufficient charge

These lights will flash when you have a fault with the xyz/position switch on the gearbox. You say the car won't start, will it crank? If not, the 2 problems may well be related as the switch may not be telling the car that it is in park. Is the gear you are in displayed in the speedo? It should say P,R,N,D etc dependent on which gear you select.

I had the flashing 0 with a diagonal line through it flashing next to the mileometr reading on the dash.

After a lot of searching, the local indie finally located the problem of a burnt out fusebox under the dash due to water running down the cables.

You need to take the fuse box out and look at rear as some of the components on it are only visible then.

The fusebox looked fine from the front.

Needless to say i dont use that ( or any other garage any more)

I think it means that the BCEM unit is/has malfunctioned, but on mine it was because it couldnt get the correct power due to the fusebox.

HTSH