Plastic sheet behind door cards

Pheonix

Hi

Can anyone advise what the clear material is called that is glued to the doors of the Disco? This is the sheet that is visable once the door card hhas been removered and acts as a protection agaionst condensation. Also what the name of the gl;ue type substance is and weher can both of these items be bought from?

Cheers

These are referred to as "water curtains" on Microcat... RHS is BTR7134, LHS is BTR7135. A quick search on Google for those part numbers revealed a number of sites that carried them at one time or other, but don't appear to today.

As for the adhesive, I don't know, but I would suspect something like Sikaflex would suffice. I used this to stick back the membrane, and good old gaffer tape to repair any tears in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Old stylee door cards aren't much more than thin hardboard, covered in a vinyl material. However hardboard isn't that resistant to life in a landy, especially from a moisture point of view.

A more modern material that may suit if you want to make your own trim panels, would be Foamex board that is used for sign making. This is pretty impervious to water.

As for the moisture curtain, any reasonably tough polythene sheeting would do.The adhesive stuff they use reminds me of Dum Dum putty, but I think it's a bit stickier than that. Gaffer tape does the job pretty well though.