Immoblizer problem

My immobilizer has my 90 shut down.

I changed the battery in the switch and tried but no good.

Can I run a switch to the starter and another to the fuel pump until I can get an electrician to figure it out?

I need to get her home.

Thanks.

Why would a vehicle like a Defender have a stupid system like this?

If this would have happened to me way up in the bush it would have been a disaster.

Luckily it did not.

I had to get a wrecker to bring her home where she will sit until I can figure out how to get this **** taken out of my vehicle.

I guess I can understand why no one is answering me, for security reasons.

How about a PM?

What flavour of Defender do you have?

I'm only really familiar with the TD5/Puma versions, where the immobilizer is intimately associated with the alarm and engine-management systems, and for which there is a handbook-published standard procedure for changing the battery in either the control-fob or the alarm module itself.

--Tanuki

"Badgers are never the answer, but always the problem"

I know it's not helpful to natas (and I apologise for that), but remember, everyone, that posting information on an open forum how to bypass immobilisers and alarms is not going to help us with vehicle security, especially since Defenders are so high on the theft lists. Please consider carefully the wisdom of posting any information of such a nature!

Understood.

Another question then.

I replaced the battery on the hand held remote.

I have never used the remote.

Which button do I press to disarm the immobilizer?

If the key chain thingy is on top, is it the left or right button.

Sounds likely - the earlier single button fob alarms failed with age, especially the fobs themselves, but the two button system is much more reliable. The spider is a frequent fault, though - I had a spare that a forum member used a while ago. As i heard it, the spider failure is usually due to a dry joint, so opening it up to resolder any joints that show damage or corrosion could work. On the Discovery mine came from, it was mounted on the heater matrix housing inside the dash, but I have no idea where it is on a Defender. It's a black plastic box about the size of a cigarette packet with a bundle of black wires coming out of it, as I remember it (I didn't pay it much attention, since none of my vehicles have one).