Anyone here got an Ashcroft Hypoid diff yet ?

As above, Any problems with noisy ring and pinions? The 3 units I know of over here have been noisy and one ring and pinion set has been sent away to be lapped in an effort to solve the problem.

I have a friend who is trying to decide between an ARB equipped Salisbury from a 110 or the new Ashcroft diff, but as his Puma is his work vehicle towing 2 tons around daily, he can't afford the downtime involved with being in a lottery as to whether he gets a quiet one or otherwise.

Not had any experience with said gears I'm afraid, but sounds like something is a bit amiss with a Hypoid gear which is noisy, has there been any contact with Dave at Ashcroft on the issue? If your friend can't afford the down time then I'd avoid the gearset until its got some proven reliability.

Mav

Not had any experience with said gears I'm afraid, but sounds like something is a bit amiss with a Hypoid gear which is noisy, has there been any contact with Dave at Ashcroft on the issue? If your friend can't afford the down time then I'd avoid the gearset until its got some proven reliability.

Mav

I understand that the state distributor for Ashcroft gear is working to have the issue sorted locally, but is also obviously in touch with Ashcrofts. It may be just a case that these ring and pinion sets missed the factory lapping process, hope so anyway as my mate would prefer the higher ground clearance over the Salisbury which works out about the same price once fitted with ARB and discs.