Limp mode/misfiring TD5??

Chicken Drumstick

Hi. Looking for some advice about a Disco Td5.

It's started running rough, the only way to describe it is, it's like a petrol engine with a misfire and indeed I think it's actually only on 4 cylinders some of the time.

On idle it's a lot more lumpy, you can hear and feel it, as well as see it the engine shacking more. And on the move it's down on power and not very smooth, it will still rev, but with reluctance. It feels just like a petrol engine does when you drop a cylinder due to a spark issue.

The thing is, this is intermittent. It was doing this, then it ran fine again for 20 mins+, then lumpy again. And occasionally when you start it, it'll be fine, but then when ticking over start running rough again and so on. But most of the time it is not running right.

-We've changed the fuel filter

-the in tank pump

-de-oiled the wiring loom

-checked the turbo wastegate movement

If anything it now seems to be running rougher.

Any ideas on what we should be checking next?

Thanks.

Did you renew the micro filter, sits in the brass fittings above the fuel filter, the rear outside one, I never renew a fuel pump without doing injector washers an o-rings, and while you are doing injectors check the valve timing and adjust it,it will be slightly out if you have high mileage, I would renew the injector harnass in the engine, dont forget the injectors must not be mixed up, put them in the same spot they came out.