300 tdi Loss of turbo boost and power

benthng

Hi all

Need help again, non edc auto disco normally spools up to 14 psi quickly but this morning struggled to reach 6psi even at 2000 rpm uphill. Air hoses checked ok, fuel pump aneroid diaphragm and intercooler not leaking, intake turbine spins with no free play, waste gate rod moves with spring tension. I am stumped and would greatly appreciate any ideas.

Waste gate rod can move forward and retract under very from spring tension, did not remove circlip though was afraid cant get it back on with the very narrow space. What are the chances of a chunk of carbon holding the gate open?

Will clean sendimenter and change filter for now hoping its not a faulty lift pump and not stuck waste gate. Thanks guys.

Found the problem, a blanking plug came off a 1/4" bsp hole that I tapped off the end of the intake manifold. It was one of those clever things that was done last year. Saw it when I shone a torch thru the intake hose end after a head scratching moment... As cleanng the sedimenter filter lift pump etc didn't work. Again thanks for all the advice. Puzzling how the plug came off though.