NRC6389 in 110

I have bought these springs (LR Genuine). They are rated as 330lbs, so maybe a harsh ride, but they were really cheap (same amount than Britpart) and at least one day of the week I go to my farm heavily loaded, so I think it´s going to be fine. However, I noticed they are 3 cm - 6 cm longer than others genuine LR springs, does it mean I have to change shock absorbers? I have normal Boge shock absorbers in the rear and Koni (coming from UK next week, only have money for front pair, rear pair have to wait for next month) in the front. Thanks a lot for your help. Also I appreciate if somebody have this spring in the rear could tell me how bad are they in the road without weight.

110 Driver’s Rear NRC 6389 Red Stripe 407.00mm

I know they are for driver side, but only have these, so have to put both of them. To get an image, here a Britpart spring goes for around 45 pounds, an original one goes for around 250 pounds. I bought these 2 for 90 pounds, it's like stealing candies from a kid, jejejeje.... my options were 3 different references of Britpart or this one.... I chose the cheap Genuine.

By Boge I mean a shock absorber branded Boge, not the leveller. My car is an station wagon but came with HD suspension because it was supposed to be armored on level 4 under UN standars, or something like that, so I believe it's already harsh and I'm used to it. One friend have a NAS with OME suspension and it feels a little more soft, but not big difference.

I usually carries around 100 kg in equipment (tools, accesories, etc) in my car, do you think this can compensate the harder spring rate?

So it's OK using these springs with standar travel shock absorbers? thanks.

The 330lb/in springs you have just bought are standard fit for the drivers rear (but will work fine on both sides) of 110s which don't have the Boge self leveller.

They are often listed as 'heavy duty' but this is just to differentiate between them and the 180lb/in springs which used to be fitted to 110 CSWs with the self leveller (which also acts as a 3rd spring in that it stops the rear sagging when loaded).

You will probably find that they are the same as the ones you have fitted. They shouldn't feel too harsh with 100kgs in the back and the shocks you currently have should be fine as long as they aren't already worn out.

Regards, Diff.

Thanks a lot Diff, I'm going to put them and see what happens. I also can buy 2 genuine helper springs for little money (30 pounds). thinking on going to an expedition next year with heavy equipment and gear in the car (around 800 kg including people and dogs), it's a good idea to put them? is there only one version of helpers or are they rated as springs?

There's only one type of helper spring. There's no harm in fitting them but you will need some extra bits too as well as the springs.

You might find it harsh when unloaded with the helpers.

My 110 runs HD springs all round and helpers on the back and I find it rides nicer than the CSW I had before, but my 110 is a ton heavier than a standard 110 so that does play a big part in the better ride.

I run those springs on my Defender 300Tdi SW with helper springs. We both like the ride both half laden and fully laden.I run my Defender to over 3,000kg

There is only one helper spring, that's listed at the bottom RRC3266.

While the springs are not expensive, the extra parts require to fit them to the inside of the springs are.