Starting to win the battle against my P38 faults, almost!

SmasherWebbs

Well im nine months in and the major issues are solved.

Overheating is now a thing of the past thanks to a new head gasket plus Kenlow fan large enough to start a natural disaster.

Fully functional air suspension

And two working remotes.

Now I'm left with the little niggles, can anyone help?

Heating front window faults including irregular climate control faults. Pump up the heat in the passenger seat and you will never get it down again. Not a common fault however.

Fuse 10 fault. this never goes and all the fuse's are fine.

Also no sunroof movement or rear wiper. (need to test cables on these)

Drivers door not recognized when opened, where is the door switch?

And lastly,

window not set every time I turn the ignition off? bloody windows are fine you @#*$ing pig. :hysterical:

Anyone care to shed some light on this lot?

And if anyone has a full list of fault codes that would be amazing! :D

...Fuse 10 fault. this never goes and all the fuse's are fine.

I think you need to check what Fuse 10 serves. The error message may be that 'these items don't have power', which the programming engineer categorised as 'Fuse Blown', but on an older vehicle could be a corroded connector, or physically damaged wiring.

As a parallel instance of error messages needing interpretation, you never get a message showing one of the Maxi Fuses has blown, because these are not directly monitored. What you do get is an error message for every fuse that is fed from that Maxi Fuse. It is the multiplicity of messages that directs you to the ETM and the Maxi fuses.

... if anyone has a full list of fault codes that would be amazing!

A full list for every item on the car, as defined by Land Rover?

Or a full list shown on a particular piece of diagnostic kit?

Or a full list for a particular item, such as the Diesel engine?

Regards.

Will have to get the seat out and fluke/test the lines from the BeCM. :(

Might be a job for Xmas day to avoid washing up! :lol:

A full list for every item on the car, as defined by Land Rover?

Or a full list shown on a particular piece of diagnostic kit?

Or a full list for a particular item, such as the Diesel engine?

I was looking for the fault codes from the Range Rover its self I.E. what is the fuse 10/ 11 /12.... fault etc.

Just trying to save some time chasing cables. Currently I have a Hawkeye so I can check for most things.

...I was looking for the fault codes from the Range Rover its self I.E. what is the fuse 10/ 11 /12.... fault etc.

Just trying to save some time chasing cables. Currently I have a Hawkeye so I can check for most things.

If you really are just looking for which fuse does what then you need to become familiar with the ETM off RAVE.

There is no substitute or shortcut.

I don't know Hawkeye, but I'd guess it gives you generic P codes and DTCs, but does it give you the P1000 codes specific the Land Rover? As well as the number of the code, does it give you a text description of what the code is (supposed) to represent?

Regards.