Land rover 90 Brake Adjusters

Where can I get new rear brake adjusters for my land Rover 90, I bought new snail cam type last year and was very disappointed with them as the cam was not big enough, they sort of worked at the time because I put new shoes on, now the shoes are worn a bit i cannot get the adjuster to work.

Can anyone tell me where I can get good quality replacements, or will I need new back-plates?

Thanks,

Ronnie.

Errmm...I don't want to be a spoiler, but I ordered 'OEM' adjusters some time ago and got Britpart. On enquiring, it seems they are the only source available. If that is what comes, you'll need to do some work when you fit them which I'll happily tell you all about. If you do get something better, I'd be delighted if you told me so I can snap some up too! I'm sorry to say, but looking at the photo's they are the carp type I've been battling with, and you won't be happy. The first time I fitted mine, they failed at the first adjustment - never even got on the road!

It's Britpart I have as i changed them last year, I found the adjusters very soft and had to weld the cam on, IIRC I think some of the threads on assembly striped, just as well there was 4 in the pack, plus the cam was to small.

I am planning to put a sleeve over the pin on the shoes so the cam will work better.

I would be very annoyed to pay the genuine price and find Britpart supplied especially at that price.

As far as I could find, Britpart is the only source, and they are total carp! OEM adjuster's should have square holes in the cams and square pegs on the shafts, that's what I took out of my later SIII backplates...they're sat on my desk waiting for me to start producing new ones but the cam design is proving a little awkward.