Fuel Lines

V8david

Shoot me down if you need to, I apologise for my ignorance :blush:

Can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere...

I want to replace the rusted steel fuel lines on my 1989 RRC (3.5 V8 Efi). What I would like to do is run rubber fuel injection hose right from the tank to the engine and back again. With suitable fittings/clamps etc.

Is this ok/legal? Anyone done it?

Cheers

Dave

When I replaced mine on the last RRC, I used 8mm copper pipe, and suitable lengths of rubber fuel hose to do the connections with suitable clips. That seems to be what a few others have used, and also what the restorers use when doing body off restorations.

However, I don't see why you couldn't use the correct fuel hose, but I would go for the stainless steel braided stuff just to be sure. I have no idea of the legality of it though.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've read about people using copper, some bloke just bought a role from Wickes and used that. I prefer the idea of the injection hose, if it's legal! Attached to the chassis rail with rubber lined p clips. Happy to do copper if I have to though...

Good point. I didn't think of heat. Is the steel tank enough to shed heat while fuel is cycling back and forth? Maybe not if fuel is low.

I want to run the pipes along the inboard face of the chassis rail, not going along the top again. The thick rubber hose would offer good protection against anything flying up while driving? Stone chips? Don't even know if that is an issue?