300 TDI heater matrix with aircon

HPLP

Hey,

Just a quicky, has anyone managed to change a heater matrix on a 300 series disco with aircon WITHOUT taking the dash out?

Thanks,

Hugh.

You don't need to drain the air con, the dash can be removed without getting near it, I know I did mine.

Thats great thanks. I'm going to try once more with a rad-weld type substance and then will admit defeat and have a go...

H

You dont need to degas the airconditioning system, or recharge it later after the removal of the heater matrix but you do need to remove the dash, it's a fiddly job but if you know where all the retaining screws (and I do from bitter expperience) are --- and the removal of the steering wheel, speedo binacle and centre console etc. it takes about an hour.

I wouldnt waste my time with any "rad-weld" stuff, they have a horrible habbit if giving up at the worst possible moment.