Dash Plate / Bulkhead Compatibility...

Attempting to reassemble the dash on my 110. Big thank-you to PaulMc for supplying custom harnesses even though hes been ill recently :i-m_so_happy:

The dash plate im referring to is part number MXC8574 (which is the part i have), however for the TD5 has a part number of AHP710180. Has anyone tried to mate up the old plate with TD5 bulkhead? It doesnt seem to be working for me?

I fitted a TD5 dash plate AHP710180 into a 200Tdi bulkhead so they cant be to different, bottom plate fixings were pretty much the same, the top ones were totally diffferent, but I made it fit, some pics in my build thread IIRC

Yep thats what ive found Les, the bottom is the same apart from 1 hole. But the top is nothing like it. The brackets on the bulkhead appear to be holding the plate out too much at the top in order to get the rest of the dash components to fit.

I had a look at your thread but a lot of the pics i cant open?

Here's how I did mine, long M6 studding (to allow me to adjust front in and out to fit the top dash). tapped in and locking nuts, you might just be able to see it on this one

post-17-0-10285100-1401998758_thumb.jpg

Scuse the mess :rofl: work in progress :ph34r:

• Like 1

Just nipped out for a couple of pics...

FBFEA2BC-B415-42BA-9741-5EA0C0D38449_zps

The top one is from my td5 bulkhead which had the earlier non-binnacle style dash and is identical to the 200tdi one at the bottom from what I can see.

The next pic is of the later td5 one, the small brackets at either end of the earlier plates aren't fitted on the later one (albeit at the passengers side there's nowt to attach the bracket to)

2FBBC02E-7AAD-459A-93D7-1193DA47D2F0_zps