Rainforest Challenge

GBMUD

Might be slightly off topic but have recently got back from a long trip around Sandinavia and Eastern Europe.

It is quite amazing where you will find English spoken. Small hotel odd job man in back of beyond in Romania, a Hungary petrol attendant who speaks English and loves LR. English is the universal language, otherwise a big smile and miming along with a relaxed attitude goes far.

As for events, why not try the Sandinavia national events. OK Not a challange type event but make a good change to the UK national events.

Scandinavia has a reputation for being expensive, if done right no more expensive then the UK.

Pick your area and time right then most people would have a fantastic time within the standard 2/3 weeks holiday available to them. You don't need to go as part of a commercial package either as you will find lovers of the green oval all over Europe including Eastern Europe.

Personally I think the reason why people dont go so far abroad is a lack of confidence

Regards

Leeds

Might be slightly off topic but have recently got back from a long trip around Sandinavia and Eastern Europe.

It is quite amazing where you will find English spoken. Small hotel odd job man in back of beyond in Romania, a Hungary petrol attendant who speaks English and loves LR. English is the universal language, otherwise a big smile and miming along with a relaxed attitude goes far.

As for events, why not try the Sandinavia national events. OK Not a challange type event but make a good change to the UK national events.

Scandinavia has a reputation for being expensive, if done right no more expensive then the UK.

Pick your area and time right then most people would have a fantastic time within the standard 2/3 weeks holiday available to them. You don't need to go as part of a commercial package either as you will find lovers of the green oval all over Europe including Eastern Europe.

Personally I think the reason why people dont go so far abroad is a lack of confidence

Regards

Leeds

Szia Leeds!

Did you go in your LR? If so any pics?

Paul

Hallo Paul

Yes trip was in my 110 saw some 17 different countries and had a great time.

Got a few errrrrr thousand piccies

Tschuss

Leeds

Great! get them on this site. I want to see them! You mentioned Romania. Did you drive through Transylvania? If so which parts did you visit? How did your 110 stand up to the trip? Did you need to use any garages for repairs in Romania? If so which one/s? I lived in Transylvania for a year and a half. Can't get it out of my blood. (That last statement will get the comments flowing!)

Cheers, Paul.