Megajolt with 14CUX Hotwire

discomark10

it is.connected and does change as expected

Then why is MAP gauge pegged at 99kPa permanently in the 2nd video & the highlighted cell in the table is only moving across the 100kPa row at the top?

I don't have sound on this PC so can't hear any commentary there might be on the video.

Then why is MAP gauge pegged at 99kPa permanently in the 2nd video & the highlighted cell in the table is only moving across the 100kPa row at the top?

I don't have sound on this PC so can't hear any commentary there might be on the video.

that was only at the start when it was doing its own thing

yeah, my mistake when i did it all was i thought cylinder one was the N/S/F but in actual fact its O/S/F so thats how i wired it up wrong when i did it.

Not too sure if the output from the dizzy to the ECU is adjusted with the dizzy when you rotate it or not, if it is then obviously the dizzy would need to be timed somewhere near right but with not cap etc on it that isnt the easiest to get right if youve just bolted it back on any what way round

yeah, my mistake when i did it all was i thought cylinder one was the N/S/F but in actual fact its O/S/F so thats how i wired it up wrong when i did it.

Not too sure if the output from the dizzy to the ECU is adjusted with the dizzy when you rotate it or not, if it is then obviously the dizzy would need to be timed somewhere near right but with not cap etc on it that isnt the easiest to get right if youve just bolted it back on any what way round

It's connected to the dizy still for 14cux fuel relays. Twisting the dizy doesn't seem to change anything.

I tried turning the EDIS relay on and cranking, but nothing.

Someone else might chirp in and help but im 99% sure that edis will run at a fixed 10deg advance with megajolt turned off.

im assuming it was all running good before you fitted MJ? is that all you've done to it?

is the dizzy in a state you can just wack the cap back on and see how it runs like that?

Someone else might chirp in and help but im 99% sure that edis will run at a fixed 10deg advance with megajolt turned off.

im assuming it was all running good before you fitted MJ? is that all you've done to it?

is the dizzy in a state you can just wack the cap back on and see how it runs like that?

yea it was running fine.. just usual cap related problems ever now and then.

so the dis should run without the pip/saw to the MJ with only vr coils and power? I just cut the power to the MJ, wonder if it needs disconnecting all together.

going to do a timing check on all 4 coils at 90deg I tervalls to check there firing in order.

My mate cam over and befor I told him the issues I was having he said it sounded like the leads are wrong.

cheers for the help guys.. apreciated!

You are 100% correct. Known as limp-home mode; though in my experience the car drives quite well.