Handbrake Boot

tuko

The rubber handbrake boot on my series is carp, falling apart letting in all the hot air from under the landy and road noise.

This is the second one that I replaced in recent times, so I'm now thinking that there must be a better alternative to the rubber boot. Is there a leather boot that is avail for our series trucks or is there an alternative leather boot that would work? ......Possibly from a P38?

Has anyone used an alternative boot for their handbrake lever and if so what and can you post a few pictures.

thanks in advance,

Todd.

Just checking, do you have the boot so that it's receding into the seatbox? Not protruding out?

Cause that's the way it should be, mines fitted (Bluebox) that way 6 years and is fine.

G.

Well I learned something new today, I never knew that the rubber boot is to be fitted into the seatbox. Yes mine is outwards which was a Bearmach boot.

But anyways a leather boot would be nice, the disco 5 speed leather boot may fit judging by the pictures.

Todd.