2001 TD5 D90 Cross Member Question

Leon__xx

Quick question. I am looking to replace the Rear Cross Member on my 2001 Defender 90 TD5. The likes of Devon 4x4 offer the cross member with long or short extensions and with a drastic difference in cost.
What is the recommendation. I live in Cyprus and will need to order and ship it so I want to be certain I get it right.
Cheers guys!

The only reason for fitting one with extensions would be that the chassis rails have corroded at the rear end ahead of the crossmember. You need to assess the condition of the rails leading to the crossmember, if they're in good shape, you might as well save yourself the money and fit a crossmember minus extensions.

The only thing I'd add is that on mine the inner face of the chassis rails had rotted, along the side of the fuel tank.

I had thought it was fine, so bought a crossmember without extensions. What followed was rather a lot of reconstruction.