Finally tracked down a decent catflap, for not too much money :D

Scooby Jim

As above, I have FINALLY managed to track down a cat-flap for my Landy :D

Managed to find this on Ebay :D

_1.jpg

_12.jpg

_13.jpg

_11.jpg

Just need to track down the fittings from inside the sides now, but I'm happy.
It's a crying shame that there is no "off the shelf" replacement, but I'm sure if enough were to become noisy then the manufacturer would pull their finger out.

It should be delivered Saturday or Monday, so fingers crossed it's all still in one piece.

Good work. It looks very tidy. Certainly better than the one I ended up with!

It was a surprise too, just hope it doesn't get damaged in transit now. Thank god for badly listed items.

I may have a couple of the brackets that attach to the inside of the hardtop sides if that is of any use?

If you have can you let me know cheers.

if you take many many measurements i can model up a catflap and all its sub components on CAD then put the drawings and STEP files on here for anyone in case it becomes cheaper to get one made up rather than actually buy an original :)

if you take many many measurements i can model up a catflap and all its sub components on CAD then put the drawings and STEP files on here for anyone in case it becomes cheaper to get one made up rather than actually buy an original :)

You tell me EXACTLY where to measure, and I'll do it.

I really would have rathered a new one, but needs must.

SP Land Rovers supplier already has the toolings and patterns but for some reason they won`t make them.

See here.

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=89485&hl=

we need to start with the skin i think. overall dimensions. shape and corner radii and thickness.

once that is determined. the frame then. each piece of the frame that is welded together to create the full frame should be measured. these pics above along with screenshots should help us to understand each other when the measurements get more complicated. :)

we need to start with the skin i think. overall dimensions. shape and corner radii and thickness.

once that is determined. the frame then. each piece of the frame that is welded together to create the full frame should be measured. these pics above along with screenshots should help us to understand each other when the measurements get more complicated. :)

Shame I couldnt get it copied in a 3D printer lol