Headlights in the dark

Before I changed the switch he had taken the end of the blue wire from the dim dip relay and spliced it onto the blue wire attached to the light switch. Am puzzled now should I just place it back into the dim dip relay and then see if the original fault that he bodged appears again.

You said Western that the dim dip relay is not a good design and not needed anymore to comply; should I be thinking about taking the relay out altogether or would create another problem for my steep learning curve.

as you've alreadty removed the relay & fitted the jumper lead, provide you have all the lights working at the correct switch positions, then you don't need to do any more, just safely terminate any other unused wires.

joining the blue wires from relay to switch might be another alternative to get dip headlights working agian.

Thanks for the replies, have learnt plenty. Could I just ask what the resistor's job is under the drivers wing? What state should it be in and how often do they need replacing? And finally is it the dim dip resistor (G100) on the diagrams? Many thanks in advance.

resistor only works with the dim dip relay fitted, so you can forget it, it runs the current flow at a lower rate for dim dip, approx 10% of normal dip headlights, no need to change it.

shown on the first diagram just above & right of the main lights switch