Classic Door Hinge C (E?) Clip

V8david

Sorry for being thick but I really do give up...

Took my drivers door off ('89, concealed hinge), to do so I removed the C (E?) retaining clips off the two hinge pins and lifted the door off.

I have since, er, misplaced one of the clips and cannot find the part number anywhere (my parts CD won't load either).

Anyone know what on earth these are called/what size they are, and have a part number? I asssume they are fairly general fixing things and can be found in places other than LR parts dealers.

Thanks...

I recently had a similar problem. Whenever I take a door off, I put the clips back on the hinge so as not to loose them. Only thing was as doing so, one shot across the garage and I couldn't find it!

I had decided to visit a scrap yard and look for a rotten disco, as they probably have them as well. However when I took the RRC out of the garage, I luckily found it.

I recently had a similar problem. Whenever I take a door off, I put the clips back on the hinge so as not to loose them. Only thing was as doing so, one shot across the garage and I couldn't find it!

I had decided to visit a scrap yard and look for a rotten disco, as they probably have them as well. However when I took the RRC out of the garage, I luckily found it.

Well done. I carefully put both mine in the car somewhere and couldn't remember where at all. I was welding up the drivers floor and needed to give it a small, corrective smack with a hammer. When I did that one of the clips fell from somewhere and appeared in the middle of the floor. No idea where from and still no idea where the other one is!

Good point duncmc for future door removal, put the clips back on the hinge so you always know EXACTLY where they are at all times.

• Like 1