series III replace clutch-flex-hose

xychix

How likely is it that I can replace the clutch flex hoses without breaking the piping?

thing is I'm near the Laro for 2 weeks in december and i'd love to drive it a bit. Needs a new flexibile hose. When it goes wrong my next chance is april 2015...... :(

I'm affraid the hose is tight and I squize the pipe to bits when undoing... any hints on how to do this properly?

my last experience was removing a old aged flex gas hose from a 30 year old caravan....

result... it never removed altough the piping is twisted 90 degrees by now. When I use the gas line now open the caravan front cover and place a no smoking sign near it :offtopic::stirthepot:

• 3 weeks later...

job done. All together it was doable even tough it was hell to undo the end of the flexhose that is all the way behind the engine.

I'm learning on landies and get some cool yoga-moves for free I guess.

Used a lump of wood to keep the clutch-pedal down while hand tightening the bleed nipple, removing the hose, tighten it with a 11mm socket and releasing the clutch back up. Drives fine now.

Only odd thing is the mount for the deep end of the clutchcable on the inspection hatch for the clutch... anyone a picture for me from that area? (i've got a LHD 109 sIII). I'm assuming the mount isn't original (and it wasn't mounted either as the upper bolt of the inspection hatch was missing.)