300tdi rocker tightening sequence

Can anyone advise I am unable to find a definitive tightening sequence for the rocker bolts.

Manual provides the torque and additional tightening angle but no sequence.

Tried looking on line but only found one for 200tdi which is different configuration.

Anyone out there who can help I would appreciate the help and advice.

Do you mean tightening down the rocker shaft or adjusting the tappets? To tighten down the rocker shaft, lay the shaft in the head making sure you've aligned the push rods with the balls on the rockers as far as possible, fit all the bolts and wind down by hand until they touch the shaft. It takes a little while but from here on you need to tighten each bolt a little at a time paying close attention to how the shaft is pulled down, you will be able to see if one end is being pulled in more than the other or where there is tension on the shaft, the aim is to tighten it down keeping it level. This often involes lots of half turns on all the bolts. Keep going until the shaft is all the way down then torque to the figure in the workshop manual.

Yes its the rocker shaft I watched the you tube video toolbox but it was for a 200tdi struggling to remember but thought it was 4 nuts, 5 on the 300tdi.

I reckon I could get the rocker on and tightened upto the torque setting

After that not sure which sequence to tighten them in !

Outer first then middle then two in between or reverse ?

Cannot seem to find the actual torque sequence for tightening ?

If you have any idea much appreciated I have a nice sequence to follow in the manual for the head bolts but nothing for the rocker ?

Actually I was wrong it is a 200tdi but there is 5 bolts/nuts to tighten and he doesn't specify a sequence but does suggest tightening from central out.

Difference is 300tdi is torqued to 5Nm then 50° with angle wrench. The 200tdi you just torque to 28Nm he only discusses the 200tdi on video.

Thank glad i re-visited the video now its a lot clearer.

• Like 1