Tuning TD5 auto

muddy

The Mrs would like some more go from her disco, its already catless and egr less so I thought uprated intercooler boost box and a remap would get us to about 160hp. However after ringing a few companies and doing some research it seems that this will be too much power for the box and we'll all die in a great big fireball.

Has anyone here any real life info on tuning this model and what results were achieved.

It's a yr2000 with approx 75000 miles

Will.

Hi Will, I think it was dynachip who came and remapped my 2002 td5. Took about an hour.

The settup is basically, up to 1/2 throttle same as standard, above that and thats when you notice the difference. The lag is minimised and the ability to spin wheels on tarmac are enabled if thats your bag. This is the only tuning I have done to the disco but the difference is quite astounding, having that extra power when needed. It became more noticable while towing.

I havn't noticed any difference in fuel consumption since.

I cant remember the guy's name, someone here probably will. He did advise on de egr' ing.

Cheer

Iv

Spin the wheels on Tarmac? Iffy tyres then, I've never had wheel spin even on a wet road and I don't hang about.

But as far as a performance increase goes, every Forum I've seen has owners giving good reports after Dynachip has paid them a visit.

Lol,well teabag I must admit my post souds like I go doughnuting, :rofl: Not quite, lol. "Disco 2 in a black circles advert" ???

Seriously though, from standstill, then flooring it did result in wheelspin, Oh and tyres were relatively new....ish road biased 'falken' 255's lol

greater intercooler, HD torque converter and remap is all you need, dont mess with boost box cos it's not healthy for the engine, if you want more boost it's fixable with the fuel map by increasing the overboost limit and eventually a wide range MAP sensor, but a proper remap will be enough IMO