Old fuel in 200tdi

After rebuilding my 110 3 years ago I have just acquired a 90 200 tdi that has a rotten chassis. Have ordered Richards chassis and am about to remove engine, as it will be some time before this is fired up again and it has not been on the road for 7 years I would like some advice on how much of the old diesel I should remove and from which parts. I have had this running, somewhat carefully as I have no idea when the timing belt was changed.

Any advice appreciated.

When I rebuilt the 110 I had owned it for 22 years since new so knew the condition and the engine was only out for a short time.

Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks for that - quite reassuring, have just drained the tank and it was 1/3 full and RED so I will have to get it clear before road use - will it go after running for a while with standard diesel or do I need to clean pipes etc ?

• Like 1