Painting decisions

Evening all, so i am in the middle of converting my defender to a truck cab, the body is white already but the truck cab is green, i have primered all the bits to be painted obv the cab its self will be white, but..... Here comes the big decision. do i do the roof black or do i do it white to match the rest of the landy. What are peoples thoughts. All welcome. Or a different colour entirely. Just the roof though. Cheers.

At some point soon I need to paint the roof on my 90 SW.

The body is Caledonian Blue and the roof is Chawton whiteish. (The standard blue body/ white roof).

I have no idea why but I am thinking Caledonian blue body with ( for want of a better description) a light custardy yellow coloured roof.

Its different. Its individual. Its maybe a bridge too far?? Thoughts??

Barry

always worth a go at trying new things, only one way your going to find out if it works or not.

I Have got a few ideas for my defender but not sure on how they are going to look, i have tried photo-shopping to get an idea but its never a definitive answer

Ollie

Yeah ill post them when its all done. Mine was chawton white. Only problem was hey dont have the paint in the shelf and it was £15 a can for halfords to mix it. A 300ml can doesnt go as far as you would think. Did the roof in landrover java black. As they had it on the shelf.

Mo,I never twigged it but that was obviously what was going through this old head.

My grandson collects all the Coastguard models.

So - that's out!

What about Caledonian Blue body with a Orangey/Tangerine roof??

Its different- its individual- and you old farts will know its me as I pass you from the opposite direction!!

The good bit is the V5 just says colour Blue so it matters not one jot.

Cheers

Barry