V8 3.9 oil cooler pipe replacement

DC_

Hello once again to everyone.

MOT Time again and yes you guessed it, my bottom oil cooler pipe perished. Pin hole in the rubber pipe which resulted in much oil scooshing all over my manifolds etc.

Could someone help me get the correct part and maybe a step by step guide to what's involved to do it. The light nights are here so want to try get as much done as possible before it's due in.

Cheers folks, as usual much appreciated ??

Thanks duncmc for the reply. The pipes aren't on that diagram. I think that looks like auto transmission fluid pipes?

It's for the oil itself that runs round the engine. Attached to the radiator and then run to oil adaptor on the oil filter.

Cheers

R......got it now, the light dawns...That's what puzzled me, I was thinking "they are both at the bottom".

There are two sets of part numbers listed. Up to engine no 36D52437, the bottom hose is ESR2813 and the top hose is ESR2814. Then from 36D52438 its ESR3692 for the bottom and ESR3693 for the top.

I would get some new O rings too. They are listed as O ring ESR1594L which is number 4 on the diagram, and then ESR1594L and ESR3098 (small O ring) for number 2 on the diagram.

Hope that helps.

post-28226-0-89132300-1428521878_thumb.jpg

Thanks again duncmc

But, ( I hate a but) this looks like 300tdi oil cooler pipes? The reason I say is the ends don't look the same as mine. Mines are tapered and I'm sure the pirtek guy told me they are half inch bsp female connections for my V8 3.9.

I've seen second hand ones on eBay along with the oil adaptor which look like mine. I have "the fear" that its not Gona be cheap

Don't see any of those part numbers matching my pipes. They all have the same pipe diagram that's in your previous diagram. I don't have O rings on my pipes either

Don't see any of those part numbers matching my pipes. They all have the same pipe diagram that's in your previous diagram. I don't have O rings on my pipes either

Has it been modified at some point then, maybe?