A hissing noise...

I'm guessing the chance of air in the system is pretty small since I never disconnected any of the brake lines?

In terms of adjusting the servo pushrod. How do I do that? Is that the bit under the cover at the top of the brake pedal?

Thanks

Stephen

• 2 weeks later...

So I still aren't 100% happy with the brakes. Ive bled the servo, a little bit of air but nothing concerning. The pedal now goes hard but the braking seems very random. Sometimes it seems fine (I can lock it all up and skid along the road, not ideal but at least I know its got nothing else to give!) and sometimes its rubbish and you have to push really hard to get anything useful.

Have I just been really unlucky and need both a new servo and master cylinder at the same time?

Thanks

Stephen

I'm guessing the chance of air in the system is pretty small since I never disconnected any of the brake lines?

In terms of adjusting the servo pushrod. How do I do that? Is that the bit under the cover at the top of the brake pedal?

Thanks

Stephen

move the master cylinder forward from servo & you'll see the pushrod ball end & locknut, IIRC it's a 6mm spanner/socket to release it for adjusting.

I will have a look and see what I can find!!

The cylinder hasn't been changed. Not by me anyway. It looks like it's been there for a while so it might be the original! So it could be just bad luck and the servo and master cylinder have failed around the same time!!

Stephen

So I've found the bit I need to adjust. However I can't work out for the life of me how to adjust it. I know I need to undo the lock the nut and then turn the shaft to extend it but I can't work out how I do it. I'm guessing I'm missing something but I've no idea what?

Stephen