Multi-function Gadget

Does anyone have any experience of a really good make of integrated GPS / Dash Cam? Do they also do other functions like speed trap radar detecting? Hands-free phone? Id like a single gadget to do everything, and you can tell by the way I’ve posed the question – I don’t know much about the subject !

You've answered your own question: Get a decent smartphone. All phones have GPS now, most with maps already integrated. You can get apps for dash-cam (phone's camera records last 30 seconds of journey on a loop....and of course it's a phone!

• Like 1

I have a single din flip out touch screen unit in my 90 that does quite a bit. Has been in there for a few years now. The make I bought is no longer available but they have come down in price and look a lot more user friendly now

Have a look on ebay for 'Xtrons' item number 201105121044

If you chose the right one you get the following

Sat Nav (With built in fixed speed cameras noted)

Digital radio

Digital TV

I Pod interface

Bluetooth for playing music directly from you phone

Handsfree for your phone

Reverse camera input (I use mine to show the towbar for hitching on trailers)

Web cam input

CD Player

I love mine. Yes the sound quality might not be as good as a sony but in a Defender who cares?!

All in one package that hides away and thus does not look too shiny when parked up. Plus they are not bad value (less than £200)