max traction kits.

do any of you guys know much about the max traction coil kits??

what are the pro's and con's?

ive got 3'' lift, 10'' and 11'' stroke shocks, ext bumpstops and brake lines, raised front and rear shock mounts. basically everything in their kit minus the coils!

ide like to get the coils made here in australia, but havint some more info on the springs would help.

atmo my 450mm free height springs wil sit 4 inches above the bottom spring plate on articulation :o

i was hoping that by using a spring like theirs it might make the front ''work'' a bit more?

105016.jpg

cheers phil

I like their concept of long springs and was thinking of importing a set (I don't need the other parts either).

The 2" springs fitted to my disco (when I bought it) are too stiff. The longest LRA springs are 18" from memory.

Hello,

I'm using the Maxtraction Kit since 4 months and it is really working. The only disadvantage ist driving on the road, because the springs are very soft and you have BIG body roll. But I think, you knew this before. And it's a suspension without compromise.

But it works very well, i don't have any traction problems. Most times I can drive without the Axle-Lockers, even the Middle-Diff-Locker is open.

post-1551-1163673836_thumb.jpg

Hello EvoOlli

that shocks absorbers mounts ?

not to be compensated the big body roll with the assembly of shocks more hard ?

Hello James

the mount of the shocks to the frame is different from the original positition, you have even to relocate the fuel filter. And that makes the shock operation very degressive. So you need a progressive shock. And the problem is to get such a long shock, it's 33" long in the extended position.

Darren delivers ProComp shocks with his kit.

At the moment, i'm talking to Bilstein USA to make some shocks for me, but this won't be cheap.

I don't want to make the shocks to hard, because I will loose traction.

Hello James

the mount of the shocks to the frame is different from the original positition, you have even to relocate the fuel filter. And that makes the shock operation very degressive. So you need a progressive shock. And the problem is to get such a long shock, it's 33" long in the extended position.

Darren delivers ProComp shocks with his kit.

At the moment, i'm talking to Bilstein USA to make some shocks for me, but this won't be cheap.

I don't want to make the shocks to hard, because I will loose traction.

Adjustable shocks, possibly? Might be difficult if you need progressive shocks, though....

No first hand experience of the whole kit nut I know the longer brakehoses darren supplies as part of his kit come from a most magificent supplier :D:D

David

But these brake hoses were the only parts which didn't fit my 2006 Defender :o:o

OK, Darren replaced them without problems, but after that only the front hoses were OK, the rear not. So I bought a set of Goodridge Hoses here in Germany :rolleyes:

But these brake hoses were the only parts which didn't fit my 2006 Defender :o:o

OK, Darren replaced them without problems, but after that only the front hoses were OK, the rear not. So I bought a set of Goodridge Hoses here in Germany :rolleyes:

All i do is send out what is ordered!!! Don't blame me :huh: I'm nice really :D:D

David

the mount of the shocks to the frame is different from the original positition, you have even to relocate the fuel filter. And that makes the shock operation very degressive

got any pic's of the mount??

ive been told that the more angle on the shock the less effective it is at dampening??

if this is true i was thinking of cutting a whole in the wheel box, above the oe shock position, and going up not forward?

The 2" springs fitted to my disco (when I bought it) are too stiff. The longest LRA springs are 18" from memory.

hey bush65,

i have LRA's 17'' springs, i was looking at the 18'' ones but they would be way too stiff for a 90!

wish there were more people with landy bits on australia :angry:

cheers phil

ive been told that the more angle on the shock the less effective it is at dampening??

if this is true i was thinking of cutting a whole in the wheel box, above the oe shock position, and going up not forward?

Yes, very true, but it makes it much harder to do a bolt on solution. I've come up with a few plans for mine but I've not measued up so I don't know if they'll work yet...

hey bush65,

i have LRA's 17'' springs, i was looking at the 18'' ones but they would be way too stiff for a 90!

wish there were more people with landy bits on australia :angry:

cheers phil

yes, more angle on the damper relative to the axle path (or spring) means that the piston doesn't move as far for a given amount of axle/spring movement. Either the shock valving has to be increased to compensate, or keep the shock as vertical as possible.

Oil only shocks can't be mounted past 45* frommthe vertical.

Phil, which LRA springs do you have now ?

Purple and purple/orange are exactly the same rate, so it won't be any stiffer, just 1" taller. ;)

Phil, which LRA springs do you have now ?

Purple and purple/orange are exactly the same rate, so it won't be any stiffer, just 1" taller.

hey mate, i threw oranges in the front and purples in the rear. from standard this combo gave me 60mm.

OE rears were 210/240lb

and fronts were 175lb

thanks 898kor for the pick and link!

cheers phil