Obscure Hose

need4speed

I have recently bought parts 6, 7 and 22 on the image below. Both the pipes connect to the heater matrix. But I'm looking for the part number for the hose that connects onto the other end of pipe 22. It connects to the rear of my waterpump but considering pipe 22 points straight down, there must be a weird shaped hose available that isn't shown..

post-4644-0-21828400-1441818921_thumb.jpg

Mongrel!? I beg your pardon Ralph but he's a thoroughbred.... ;)

None of the hoses in your diagram look like they will be the right shape. I had thought about just getting a length of heater hose but I was concerned that the resulting 'S' shape the hose needs to take would cause an airlock?

Maybe this won't be a problem as long as the 'S' isn't too tight?

• Like 1

I'm not sure if its a U.S spec diagram.... But u.k spec 4.0&4.6 have the remote thermostat located in the bottom hose, where as this diagram shows it in the manifold. The pipe 22 will go to the lower hose to recirculate the coolant through the block before the thermostat opens.

I've found a few pictures, the pipe is suited to your diagram. And the other two are the remote stat type system and coolant flow diagram. The last shows the differences between the 3.9&4.0 type systems the 3.9 has its equivalent of pipe 22 returning to the rear of the water pump housing but on the inlet side which has the same effect as plumbing up to the bottom hose.

post-47238-0-38573000-1441833381_thumb.jpgpost-47238-0-98695100-1441833488_thumb.jpgpost-47238-0-28713500-1441833502_thumb.jpgpost-47238-0-37921800-1441833515_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that Ash. It looks like I'm as well just getting a length of heater hose and making something up to length.

As Ralph says I've got a bit of a mongrel whereby I have the new style metal coolant pipes from heater but don't have the new style radiator or front cover..