200 tdi Oil Cooler Fittings

wood-gee

Can anyone tell me definitively what size the fittings are on either end of the pipe on a 200 tdi's oil cooler set up ? I've had a search but nearly all the post refer to parts numbers. I want to get some replacement pipes made up for my series conversion but unfortunately I don't have a second car so can't go to a hydraulics with the existing pipes as many people suggest.

I know this is not the answer you were after. But when I got the hoses made up for my conversion I asked if they could identify the fittings at the engine end. The answer from the bloke was "some funny automotive fitting - no idea". Therefore I am pretty sure that its not a common fitting.

New 200tdi hoses with the fittings are less than £20 each online - can you get one modified to put a BSP compression fitting on the steel part either end, retaining the correct fittings and you can then make a hose up to fit between them?

Cheers. Ric

From memory they were 1/2 bsp

Don't hold that as gospel as I was measuring a lot when making my v8 fit a TD rad so numbers get muddled up

After checking my eBay history, The hole in the rad is 3/8bsp. So you could just get a hose with that on the end. I have a set of the 200tdi oil cooler fittings for sale if you need them.

Edit: just re read, do you mean at the engine end or the rad end? The sizes I've given here are for the rad end

I was more meaning for both, was assuming they'd be a standard metric or imperial size so was hoping to just be able to say to a hydraulics supplier I want two pipes of x mm long with this connection on one end and that on the other. At that price though I think I'd have to agree with you ric and will just buy some olds ones and do it that way. Cheers for the help guys.

I was more meaning for both, was assuming they'd be a standard metric or imperial size so was hoping to just be able to say to a hydraulics supplier I want two pipes of x mm long with this connection on one end and that on the other. At that price though I think I'd have to agree with you ric and will just buy some olds ones and do it that way. Cheers for the help guys.

Hi wood-gee.

The one thing I would do is give yourself the ability to twist the fittings at one end. Despite making up patterns using the old Discovery hoses I still have to put a small amount of twist into my new ones to get them to line up properly. If I did it again I would add another 1/2" BSP swivel fitting along the line so that I could get them to line up properly. Obviously if you are using a Disco radiator and everything is in the right place this will be less of an issue.

Cheers. Ric