Haltech E6X ECU wiring for Rover V8

oddballrovers

We ran a Haltech in the works Daihatsu Charade Rally car, a brilliant bit of kit, to make it comply with the International Group N regulations - "the resistance of any computer may be altered but the computer shall remain as standard" we had to cut the PCB in half bend it over and rejoin all the connections with wires and then fit it into the original case.

The main advantages of the Haltech were, no rev limiter and fully adjustable fuel injection periods. To achieve this we clipped a carbon monoxide gauge (sniffer) to the exhaust pipe outlet wired to its indicator gauge sitting on the dash and plugged in a laptop computer to the Haltech and while I drove it up and down the motorway my engineer adjusted the fuel ratios in all gears at all rev ranges to a perfect 14.7:1 ratio using Avgas 110 octane fuel.

As the idle was a bit iffy due to several original Daihatsu sensors being disconnected we increased the fuel for the 0-850 rpm range to assist in starting and again, added more fuel to assist in cooling the pistons in the 7500 - 9000 rpm range.

We never had an engine failure in over 4 years of competition and it went like a rocket leaving Suzuki GTI's in its wake.

Once you have yours wired and running you will have a great time getting it right.

Mornin-

@ Bowie, this is the diagram I have and I do also have the dawnloads, but it is not clear to me how to wire it for a V8 :blink: any suggestions!!! is it two injector s in parallel ?

@ Boydie, that sounds good I know it is takes time to get it right, especially idle and low throtle angels driving i 1 and secon with almost no load on the engine oh and the there is the warm up sycle :blush: have been there a couple off times with DTA systems on warious engines both nasp and charged.

Cheers

Ole