90 Defender Alloy Wheel and tyre combination

I have an M plate 300 TDi Defender. I like the look of the boost alloys. I have seen a few sets for sale which have only delivery mileage on them from 2015 XS defenders. What tyre size would be best for my vehicle? 235 85 16's? Do I need to fit spacers or will i have tyre rubbing issues when on full lock?

235's or 255x85's would be fine on it - but the 255's are a bit bigger and may affect the gearing slightly... I don't think they'd rub on full lock but it's easy to adjust the stops if they did.. You would prob also need the special nuts for them, and I have a feeling unless you have the later rounded style drive flanges the middle hub caps won't fit...

If you are after a set keep an eye on the defender2.net for sale forums as they come up all the time over there...

I'd recommend you stick with the standard 235/85R16 as they give the best overall performance and handling, though if you do a lot of driving along ruts, something taller may be useful (at the cost of some handling and fuel economy on the road) Wider is only good for sand but worse for road and mud, so avoid that temptation.

You should be able to wind the stop locks in a little for better steering lock if you have standard tryes and wheels - LR tend to be a little conservative with adjustment, perhaps to reduce stress on the CV joints. Bigger tyres would need the stops at a lesser setting unless you used spacers, but they add stress to the steering components and wheel bearings/stub axles, so are best avoided where possible.

When the 300 was out the standard size on LR alloys was 265/75x16's, it was only later that LR changed to 235/85x16 so either would be fine (fitted to the correct width rims of course).

If the tyres do rub the radius arms then a simple adjustment is all that is required, no needs for spacers.