Range Rover body repair panels - advice please

gn3dr

Hi

Following on from the previous thread about where to get RR rear wheel arch repair panels for the best price, I have a question about RR repair panels in general. Currently looking at needing at least some of the following

rear inner wheel arches, sills, A and B post bottom sections, front inner wing sections, outer rear corners, boot floor etc... all the usual spots really.

I have seen most of these on line in Craddocks, Paddocks and Rimmer Bros (won't be buying here though with their prices)

So my questions are as follows:

Where is the best place to buy these bits?

Are all these pattern parts from the same source?

I'm assuming most are spurious pattern parts - what's the fit quality like with them?

I see that for sills complete units and repair sections are available - I'm thinking that complete is the way to go?

I have noticed that the rear corners are available in fibreglass from MM4X4. Is it worth bothering with these or is it better to stick with metal items?

All info appreciated. Thanks

try to find some one breaking a shell and cut the bits out of that.panels are mega,thas why there all scrapped.

I really don't want to go down that road. I've done it before with other cars and I find that it is a false economy for me. Most old stuff will be rotten in the same places.

I've also spent time on other cars making some panels up from sheet metal. Again not something I want to do here except for the most basic shapes. I also don't have the time for chopping old bits so new panels are the best for me I feel.

Sills, yes don't bother with the repair panels. I got one deliverd and sent it back, as I reckon it'd actually be more work to fit than a whole sill, also it leaves a seam in the floor area, right where the seat mounts attach, not structurally clever!

I did one side, inner and outer sill, as well as repair the bottom of the A pillar, and some of the drivers footwell and rear passenger floor. Took me a fortnight as I was onlt getting an hour here and there, probably 3 days work in reality.

Beware the inner sill body mounts, the bolts sieze to the chassis, and the rubbers are often knackered, they are not expensive to replace, however I had to cut one mount off the chassis and replace it as I could not get the remains of the bolt out by any means, even drilling.

I've also done inner and outer wheelarches, loads of work getting all the carpets etc out od the way. I've got all the panels from Paddocks, except the outer wheelarch, for some reason only Simmonites seem to supply them (Although the one I got was a genuine part, so I guess a dealer could supply).

There is a vehicle body panels place local to me, and they can get all the Range Rover sill panels etc, so maybe there is someplace local to you?

Currently looking at needing at least some of the following

rear inner wheel arches, sills, A and B post bottom sections, front inner wing sections, outer rear corners, boot floor etc... all the usual spots really.

You're making me feel much happier about my Disco.