Cost of the 300Tdi Auxilary mounting bracket

Warthog

Well a simple change the "Water Pump" turned into a nightmare today :angry:

Bloody one of the three "through bolts" to head. Seized in the bracket, retaining the pump!

First the head twisted off, so welded a nut on the stub. Then all i managed to do was shear the bolt again!

Heat, Plus Gas and a lot of swearing...............

PS pump and Alternator removed, Aux bracket to come off...........Not a chance....... :angry:

Right or wrong, selected a drill and drilled through the Mount bracket and through the bolt. The bracket is off, but it needs a spot of welding to bring back to norm.

In the meantime i need the truck asap, so what is it gonna cost me to get a new one? It could go back on like it is, but im not happy to do this.

Unless there is one floating around in someones garage???....Got to fork out for a new Mounting bracket :(

Cheers Les,

Not much i can do Today. Plan is, get a price for a new one (bendover prepare to be.....) Fit that and jobs sorted.

Will be taking the damage bracket to work and getting welded up, so i'll have a spare.

A small leak had occurred in in the water pump gasket, right by that one bolt. The bolt had corroded and siezed itself in the clearance hole in the bracket. Even had to give it some stick to budge the bolt out of the bracket on the bench. But the stub left in the block came out by hand!!! Typical....Ah well, POO Happens

Cheers Les,

Not much i can do Today. Plan is, get a price for a new one (bendover prepare to be.....) Fit that and jobs sorted.

Will be taking the damage bracket to work and getting welded up, so i'll have a spare.

A small leak had occurred in in the water pump gasket, right by that one bolt. The bolt had corroded and siezed itself in the clearance hole in the bracket. Even had to give it some stick to budge the bolt out of the bracket on the bench. But the stub left in the block came out by hand!!! Typical....Ah well, POO Happens

Those bolts get proper rusty!!!

Had the same problem when changing the p gasket but I managed to get some heat to the alu caseing before un-doing and luckily did'nt break any bolts.But I'm having it all in bits again on tuesday as I still have a leak on the p gasket!!!!

It was lucky that it was the top one of three, in the water pump. By drilling a 8mm hole through the case into the bolt, about 10mm away from the block. It came off easily. But if it had been one of the other 2???

On both P gaskets i have changed i have used gasket sealant, aswell as the gasket. Seems to work, but may not be best procedure?

As for the bolts, a good coat of Copper grease make help?

Cheers to Les though, got a secondhand part cheap :i-m_so_happy:

Copper grease does help with the corroding bolts. I have changed the P gasket twice on mine and now it is leaking again. So stuff it, it can leak a bit for all I care. At least the metal/plastic gasket will not blow out like the original paper one. And I have an alarm on the water level if all else fails.

Copper grease does help with the corroding bolts. I have changed the P gasket twice on mine and now it is leaking again. So stuff it, it can leak a bit for all I care. At least the metal/plastic gasket will not blow out like the original paper one. And I have an alarm on the water level if all else fails.

Know what you mean!!!!

What kind of intervals are you getting before the bloody thing starts leaking again???