110 County SW head lining into a 110 2-door Hardtop.

Timpo

I'm wanting to warm the rear of my 110 2-door hardtop up and stop the drips of condensation. So, I have purchased a 110 County SW head lining.

Those who have fitted similar, were you happy just putting the head lining straight in or did you wish you had done it a different way, maybe extra insulation pads bonded to the roof etc?

I'm also toying with fitting two alpine rood windows, I'm hoping there is a kit available with a template to cut the roof section out the correct size and in the correct place to suit the lining.

Any tips or hints will be gratefully received....

Cheers.

Timpo.

If you are fitting a full headlining to a van you will need the extra brackets that rivet to the sides of the roof to hold the headlining up, and there are also 4x brackets spot welded to the rear of the roof to hold the finishing piece which also holds up the rear section

If you are fitting a full headlining to a van you will need the extra brackets that rivet to the sides of the roof to hold the headlining up, and there are also 4x brackets spot welded to the rear of the roof to hold the finishing piece which also holds up the rear section

Ok thanks.

I will see if I can find some pics of such brackets.

Cheers.

I fitted a full length headliner into a 90 hard top and solved the problem re. brackets above by drilling the lip above the rear door for the handles and screwing those on - trapping that rear headliner section behind them. This secures it fine without the need for the actual brackets and fir tree fasteners as well. I filled the holes in the liner with some fir tree fasteners just to make it look tidier.

Lined my 2 door 110 out with 4mm ply covered with stretch van carpet. Prior to that I used accustic sound deadening stuff stcuk to the panels and then 10mm of closed cell foam over the top as insulation. Sides done in same fashion. Tis a pretty tidy job if I say so myself. Not sure I have a picture...

Here is one. Not best but you get the idea. Still not finished the seat boxes, and the bed MK1 is coming out soon to be replaced by a somewhat more professional camper interior.

18002115lp.jpg