300 TDI urgent help needed!!!!

Right guys.. in 48 hours i need this engine running well as it needs to be taken out of my 90 for a swap with a V8. so the past two days i have noticed that it has taken longer than normal to start (usually when its cold). Today, drove it for roughly 10 mins, stopped at a junction and felt the land rover vibrating an engine was missing. i immediately thought i was running out of fuel as my gauge isn't working. drove up the hill to the fuel station but stopped half way up and landy refused to start.. started for a second or two with some white smoke, but went off immediately. a friend of mine brought me a can of diesel, poured it in. started the landy and the first two revs had the engine missing and blowing white smoke, but once that cleared it was fine. made it to the fuel station at the top of the hill, filled the can and took it to my friend at the bottom of the hill. once i left my friend play and was heading home (around the corner), the land rover immediately lost power and started smoking white/blue smoke.. i pulled over and she threatened to stall on me. i revved the engine slowly to see if i can get it working fine but she just stayed missing and blowing smoke.. i just about made it home in 1st gear alone and I'm lost on what to do. i tried smelling the smoke and I'm quite sure its diesel as it burns the eyes and nose when tried to smell it. any ideas what the hell could be wrong?

As i said, i urgently need this engine running by Tuesday night :/

If that filter was blocked I would be seriously looking at the following :-

1.) Check the fuel tank sediment filter.

2.) Replace the main fuel filter.

3.) Under the Fuel Injection Pump Banjo connection is a micro filter gauze, check this and blow it clear.

4.) At the next convenient time, remove the fuel return and pick-up connection cover off the fuel tank (huge screw top connection) and clean out any crud from the tank.