sealing an air filter advice

thinking of how to stop waiter entering the engine, im soon to fit a raised intake but the filter box/tub/cylinder/thing is definetly not water tight, has anyone been sucessful in sealing it fully? do i need the water drain flap if i have a snorkel?

On my 200tdi box I found a big o ring and put that around the lid gap, and like I found on one of my camels, the water drain hole was plugged with one of those rubber bungs you find in the round hole on the front of the chassis legs on a defender, works a treat.

Be careful about completely sealing the filter drain thingy.

Someone I know did this - after a slow-and-gentle yard-deep river crossing (in a schnorkel-equipped Japanese 4x4) seemingly without issue it was only when he got back on to public roads and gave the engine a bit more throttle that the couple of litres of water that had managed to sneak into the air-filter can suddenly gulped into the engine and hydraulicked a rod through the side of the block.