Phew!!

Simon_CSK

Todays task was to get the block out of my Range Rover. Change as many things over as I needed to to refit the block, (Change from Gems to Thor) and then get the block refitted. After a couple of hicups and a couple of trips to Halfrauds because I was missing a 3/8 to 1/2 socket converter and needed so Araldite. Managed to finally get the engine in and the bonnet back on. It was pitch black when I finished but at least the block is in place and over the course of the week I can start to build everything back together.

My biggest bug bear is the two bolts at the top  of the bell housing on a V8. Even with the engine mounts out and the block tilted they are a real pain. I still have two bell housing bolts to go but we are down hill from here. 

Don't think I did too badly with a wooden A frame and a lot of patience lol

40 minutes ago, Cynic-al said:

I think last time I did one I had a lot of extensions bars from the back to do the top two. I seem to remember a lot of cursing!

Good luck :)

Have done that in the past but still very restrictive. I prefer to lift the block out of the engine mounts and let it sit down. It gives a little extra space from the top and using a 3/8 drive power bar I can get enough purchase to skin my knuckles and get the bolts released then I can get them by hand......very very slowly. Helps also if the inlet manifold is removed but that only allows work from the top.

It will be running soon. (So I keep telling myself!!!!) :unsure::wacko: