help please

td5 broke again

Hi all I have brought a 2000 discovery td5 and it's playing up!

It was holding back misfiring really bad at times and cutting out as and when it felt like it....so I've changed injector harness due to oil leak plus cleaned plug/ecu...blanked off egr as code reader said it was stuck open and freed off the waste gate as it was seized. ..all of this didn't seem too cure the holding back/misfire 100% but deffo run loads better. ..so I serviced it ....changed diesel filter started it ran for around a minute or so n died. ..now won't run at all...pls any help would be great...I can't hear any noise from the fuel pump at and haven't since getting it not Evan with the ignition on and engine not running...It went sounding great too missing it's chuff off too cutting out 

Sounds like it was originally the injector seals to me and now the diesel system also has air in it following the filter change and needs purging properly. From your original description though, do the injector seals. 

• Like 1

As said the misfire and original cause of the issue was probably the injector seals.  When they go they can put a lot of soot into the fuel system which can gum the pump up, i often take them out and they're black all over.  If you can't hear the fuel pump, first of all swap the relay in the fusebox for a known good one (i usually swap it with the wiper relay next to it) to rule that out but you'll probably need a replacement.  With everything sorted, before starting, turn the ignition on and pump the throttle pedal all the way to the floor and back up 5 times, this will run a fuel priming cycle, the pump will run on and off and the engine management light will flash, leave it until it finishes the cycle (light stops flashing) and then try and start, they often fire better with the throttle pedal fully depressed but lift off quickly when it starts to prevent it revving too high.

• Like 1

Hi guys sorry for slow reply I've checked the plug on the fuel pump and have got a earth and live so ran a earth n live straight to the pump with the plug off and the pump won't run....so will be ordering a new one... Thanks for ur help and ill be doing injector seals too as the diesel in the tub I used to drain filter is dark / discoloured. .Thanks again ill keep posted on how it goes lol