1984 Wiring to TD5 Centre Dash

Hello,

I am after some help, I have a 1984 Defender but want to put in a TD5 centre console, I have brought a TD5 wiring loom so have all the connectors. What I dont know is what colour wires from the 1984 loom connect to the what colour wires from the TD5 loom.

Switches that I want to move are:

Fog lights, Rear Wiper, Front wiper, Hazard warning lights, rear heated window, Head lights, side light, cigarette lighter.

Can anyone help

Thanks John

Hello,

I posted the other day asking for help with the wiring in updating my 1986 Defender dash to a TD5 centre console, thanks for the two replies I received, I looked at the responses, followed the links and printed off the info from the Reedy link, unfortunatly the wires on my landy dont match those on Reedys link, has any one done this conversion and could give me some help, I have a TD5 wiring loom so have all the connectors, looking for an idiots guide of which colour wire from a 1986 loom go to what wire on the TD5 loom. Also has anyone got a circuit diagram for a 1986 landy (2.5 turbo diesel originally)

Thanks John

only way to match up the circuits is with both wiring diagrams, make a 3 column list of the switches you want on the centre panel in column 1, existing wiring colours in column 2 & Td5 wiring colours in column 3, I did a similar thing to connect my td5 gauges to my '89 110.

only way to match up the circuits is with both wiring diagrams, make a 3 column list of the switches you want on the centre panel in column 1, existing wiring colours in column 2 & Td5 wiring colours in column 3, I did a similar thing to connect my td5 gauges to my '89 110.

Thanks for the advice, I have managed to get the wiring diagram from the local landrover dealer (Duckworths of Market Rasen who have been very helpfull with my project) for a TD5, but they have not got one for a 1986 diesel 90.

this V8 petrol wiring diagram might help, as most of the wire colours are common to petrol & diesel models

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopi...=wiring+diagram

here's the 2.5 N/A & TD diesel wiring diagram

Western, you have been very helpfull, will go out tomorrow and have a play, one day I might get to drive her, been a project for over three years, nearly there!!!