truetrac limited slip diff

hi dont know if im doing this right because ive just joined and dont know what im doing but i want to know if any members know anything about truetrac limited slip diff or if anyone as ever fitted one to a 90 landy 200tdi (are they anygood for moderate off roadin)thanks if anyone can help

Yes, they are fine.

hi thanks red 90 its just that i was given it with the landy so i thought i mite aswell use it i want to fit it to the front axle have you ever used one and if so how much differance will it make thanks again for the reply

I have one in the front of the 110. It's pretty good but you do need some load on both sides in order to get it to lock up. I.E if you have a wheel waving in the air it won't do anything (you can try using a little left foot braking which seems to help but I managed to snap a halfshaft trying this trick)

The handling became a bit exciting after it was fitted but i think this is more due to the Detroit in the rear. Bang it in mind, - you might as well!

I have one in the front of the 110. It's pretty good but you do need some load on both sides in order to get it to lock up. I.E if you have a wheel waving in the air it won't do anything (you can try using a little left foot braking which seems to help but I managed to snap a halfshaft trying this trick)

The handling became a bit exciting after it was fitted but i think this is more due to the Detroit in the rear. Bang it in mind, - you might as well!

hi thanks im goin to give it a try

How much do they cost? Its always struck me as a good solution for the conditions here where you rarely get stuck with wheels off the ground, more often with opposite wheels spinning on slippery ground.

Also are they available for the Wolf type 110 rear diff in post 02 vehicles?

More window shopping :ph34r:

I paid:-

10 sp truetrac £345+VAT (Ashcrofts)

Salisbury Detroit £290+VAT (Ashcrofts)

Fit yourself or do as I did and drop the diffs in 1hr labour (for both) and you know they're done right!

Ooh - Bit more now http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/category_1.html $2=£1 was good once...

Think you need a spacer for your Gucci modern axles.

hi thanks red 90 its just that i was given it with the landy so i thought i mite aswell use it i want to fit it to the front axle have you ever used one and if so how much differance will it make thanks again for the reply

If I was going to put just one tricky diff in, I'd opt for putting it in the back.

If I was going to put just one tricky diff in, I'd opt for putting it in the back.

I'm probably in the minority but if I had a free Truetrac I would put it in the front (so I had some steering in the mud).

And then start saving for a Detroit to go in the Back ;).

Colin.

So I run an open front and a Truetrac in the back and would argue that if anything that improves steering in the mud, not least of all because you can use the throttle to help induce some oversteer.

I'm probably in the minority but if I had a free Truetrac I would put it in the front (so I had some steering in the mud).

And then start saving for a Detroit to go in the Back ;).

Colin.

So I run an open front and a Truetrac in the back and would argue that if anything that improves steering in the mud, not least of all because you can use the throttle to help induce some oversteer.

Yep, I can see that would work well at a reasonable speed. But most of my problems are steering out of muddy ruts from a standstill, does your rear TrueTrac help with that situation?

That said, if I was going back locker first I would probably go for a Detroit.

I'm just interested in your views as I doubt I would ever be able to afford to get lockers both back & front in one go.