On board compressor

kanggwan

Hi there

I have replaced my SLS with coils and was thinking of using the compressor for pumping up my tyres etc. Has anyone done this and if so how ? How do you detach those pipes without harming them permanently?

Cheers Stewart

We'd need to know what sort of Discovery for specific advice but generally speaking all the air suspension compressors are pretty carp and have a poor duty cycle and low output because they're not designed to shift a lot of air.

Have you looked at the likes of the T-Max double pump compressor which is much more suitable for what you want?

We'd need to know what sort of Discovery for specific advice but generally speaking all the air suspension compressors are pretty carp and have a poor duty cycle and low output because they're not designed to shift a lot of air.

Have you looked at the likes of the T-Max double pump compressor which is much more suitable for what you want?

I bought a Tmax compressor from LRS for £49. It's "only" the single cylinder one but it's more than upto teh job of inflating a tyre from flat or topping up 4 tyres from reduced pressures. For "normal use" it's perfect - why spend more?

It's a SII V8, 2000 . I assumed that the compressor is fairly hardy but if that is the case would consider another pump,

Thanks

Stewart

There's nothing inherently wrong with the compressor for its intended task but that is to produce a fairly small amount of air at high pressure intermittently and for short periods, which is different from what you need for most other jobs involving compressed air. The control system shuts down the compressor after a pre set time (only a few minutes) as an overheat protection strategy and then won't activate it again until it decides the system has cooled enough, so I think it would be frustrating. If you could connect it in to a decent sized reservoir it might work OK for small jobs.