rear passenger door trim removal

I am the new owner of a 2002 110 and am tackling my first problem.

The ultimate problem I am trying to fix is that the central locking is not locking one of the rear doors. It clunks and the button goes down but it does not lock.

So first I thought I would take the door trim off and have a look.

Trouble is I have failed at the first hurdle.

I can not see how to get the winder handle off (Its non electric).

There is no plug in the centre of the winder to remove and some gentle tweeezing did not work.

And assuming I can get that off I can not see how the trim removed.

Please help.

There is a spring clip behind the handle.

Where the winder pivot goes through the door card, you'll see there is a round spacer between the handle and the door card. Push the door card away from the handle and look towards the winder boss - the spacer will probably get in the way. You'll need to poke a thin flat bladed screwdriver in from the side and try to push the wire clip out of it's groove. Careful not to lose it!

If this makes no sense at all, send me your email address and I'll take a piccy of the spring clip and the handle - you'll understand in a moment if you see a picture!

A way I've had success with in the past, is to take a rag and slide it behind the handle. Move it about until you feel it snag on the clip, then you should be able to pull it around and off with the rag.

I've done it numerous times on Focus rear doors, which use the same kind of clip. Bit of a fiddle but works :)