300TDi - TD5 Wiring Loom

As title. Is there an easy way to tell the difference between the 2 if the part number sticker is absent?

My project uses a TD5 bulkhead and i understand that the wiring loom routing is different between the 300TDi and TD5. I bought a good wiring loom from a forum member a while back but he wasnt 100% which type it was. Obviously if its a TD5 loom, i can just route it a la TD5 but if its a 300TDi loom im unsure how i'll need to route it?

Without meaning to sound condescending... a Td5 loom will have a large (20-way?) multi-pin connector on it for the ECU whereas the Tdi won't.

The fusebox design is also different. Tdi has two rows of fuses, Td5 has three separate 'banks' as it were. Then there's the additional underseat fusebox on a Td5 and the engine bay fusebox on a Tdi.

Depending on the age of a Td5 loom it may also have the multiplugs for the centre console and a round-pin radio connector.

Connection to instrument loom is also different, grey rectangular multiplug on Td5 whereas Tdi I think uses those stupid black push-connectors.

Without meaning to sound condescending...

Hi James. Ive got no reason to think your being condescending. Although ive been at my project part-time over a few years im certainly no LR expert. Far from it! I'll compare what i have with what you've said and go from there.

Any idea how i go about routing it if its the 300TDi loom? From the little ive learned i understand i may have to drill hole in bulkhead! Is this really necessary?!

Yes you may need to put a hole where there wasn't one. There was a thread on this forum a while back where a chap helpfully pointed out the differences between Td5 bulkheads and older ones, one of which being wiring loom routing. I can't remember who it was by, but I think it's in the tech archive somewhere.